Jam-packed Pitch Invasion for you this week. Chris and Ted run through the value of the MLS Expansion Draft to new clubs (Inter Miami will take part in one in a year), Atlanta United winning MLS Cup (Ted went), the Barcelona-Girona scheduled for Miami being called off, the Raheem Sterling controversy, and everything else from around the soccer world.
It was discussed on the Five Reasons Sports Podcast this week, so we had our answer. Are soccer fans in Miami to discerning to be interested and support a team in MLS?
Plus the Copa Libertadores madness, US Men's National Team Hires Gregg Berhalter, Champions League, Premier League, MLS Playoffs, and much more.
Chris was at world soccer conference SoccerEx, held in Miami, and was able to interview a few key figures in the soccer world. In this episode, here from
2:05 Alexi Lalas, US Men’s National Team Legend and FOX Sports Analyst
8:55 Paul McDonough, Sporting Director of Inter Miami CF
18:10 Boris Gartner, President of La Liga North America
31:20 Jorge Mas, Owner of Inter Miami CF
36:10 Don Garber, MLS Commissioner
SoccerEx Comes To Miami
Manchester Derby recap
Der Klassiker is a cracking game.
Chelsea & Arsenal drop points (little bit of separation occurring in PL table)
Barcelona thoughts (losing to Betis, tight La Liga table)
Real Madrid confirm Solari
MLS Conference Semis
Atlanta vs Red Bulls Preview
Portland vs Sporting KC Preview
USMNT Friendlies (Pulisic back, Manager hire soon?)
UEFA Nations League wrapping up
Here from Inter Miami owners David Beckham and Jorge Mas after the referendum for Miami Freedom Park and the new stadium passed with City of Miami residents voting in favor 60-40. Then, stay for
Our reaction to the referendum results
Manchester United come back to win in the Champions League
Man City winning comfortably every game it seems. Manchester Derby this weekend
Real Madrid recovery under their new manager
Tottenham stay alive in the Champions League
Inter hold their own against Barca
Liverpool lose in Belgrade
Weekend preview: Milan-Juve, Monaco PSG, Der Klassiker
1. Inter Miami: I don't know of any news but maybe could talk about potential temporary stadium
2. El Clasico/Lopetegui fired
3. MLS Decision Day: How it played out, media/coverage criticism
MLS Playoff Preview
4. DC United vs Columbus Crew
5. NYCFC vs Philly
6. LAFC vs RSL
7. FC Dallas vs Portland
8. Leicester Tragedy
9.EPL Recap: Arsenal run ends, ManUtd nice win, Ross Barkley (!), Man City professional performance
10. Weekend Ahead: Arsenal vs Liverpool, Bournemouth vs ManUtd
Inter Miami Chief Business Officer Jurgen Mainka joins the pod to tell us about how he came into the club, the club's campaign for ballot measure 378 to approve Miami Freedom park and the new stadium for the club, and everything that goes into building a new club.
Then, Ted Hill joins Chris to discuss the latest from around European soccer and MLS.
Chris and Ted run through our 10 most interesting things in soccer. Here is the running order.
1:15 Southern Legion’s VP of Communication Chris Allen joins the pod to discuss ballot initiative 378, which will allow City of Miami residents to either approve or deny Inter Miami’s stadium plan
15:05 The international break! The US Women have qualified for the World Cup
19:05 The US Men played in 2 friendlies against Colombia and Peru. What did we learn?
24:05 The UEFA Nations League. Is it working and are the games fun?
27:20 What the hell is going on with Germany?
30:45 Which European teams stood out? Is the best part of the Nations League Gibraltar winning
38:30 #SaveTheCrew worked!
45:35 Previewing Man United-Chelsea, the standout game of the Premier League this weekend
50:40 Barcelona-Sevilla highlights a tight title race in Spain
53:00 Which other European games are you most excited to watch
Our 10 point rundown
1. How English should Inter Miami be?
2. Jose Mourinho delays the inevitable
4. Rest of Premier League “Big 6”
5. Top sides across Europe getting off to slow starts or recovering has led to some compelling tables in Spain and Germany
6. Should Chelsea be insulted that Eden Hazard constantly talks about Real Madrid?
7. Potential Liga MX/MLS merger. What to make of it?
8. McKennie, Pulisic, Adams out of US squad. No manager yet. What is the point?
9. Matias Almeyda to San Jose. Some hyperbole that this could be a massive step for MLS in the hiring of managers.
10. USWNT close to qualifying for the World Cup
The Pitch Invasion Running Order
1. Inter Miami linked with Falcao. The hype/leak machine is working strong
2. Cristiano Ronaldo Rape Allegations
3. Barcelona dominant at Wembley in winning at Spurs
4. United draw to Valencia and draw with West Ham. Should Mourinho get the sack?
5. City underwhelm but win at Hoffenheim. Should they be concerned heading into their massive game against Liverpool?
6. Speaking of Liverpool, they fail to win for a 3rd straight match, losing at Napoli 1-0 in UCL. What's behind their recent struggles?
7. Real Madrid lose in Moscow and have also failed to win in 3. Have they lost what made them great?
8. Bayern aren't top of the Bundesliga and drew at home to Ajax. Is there a title race on in Germany?
9. The USWNT embark on their Women's World Cup Qualifying campaign this week. We don't have to be concerned about another qualifying failure, do we?
10. MLS: The race between Atlanta United and New York Red Bulls goes down to the wire and LA Galaxy somehow still have a chance to make the playoffs.