October 11, 2018
Our 10 point rundown
1. How English should Inter Miami be?
2. Jose Mourinho delays the inevitable
4. Rest of Premier League “Big 6”
5. Top sides across Europe getting off to slow starts or recovering has led to some compelling tables in Spain and Germany
6. Should Chelsea be insulted that Eden Hazard constantly talks about Real Madrid?
7. Potential Liga MX/MLS merger. What to make of it?
8. McKennie, Pulisic, Adams out of US squad. No manager yet. What is the point?
9. Matias Almeyda to San Jose. Some hyperbole that this could be a massive step for MLS in the hiring of managers.
10. USWNT close to qualifying for the World Cup
October 4, 2018
The Pitch Invasion Running Order
1. Inter Miami linked with Falcao. The hype/leak machine is working strong
2. Cristiano Ronaldo Rape Allegations
3. Barcelona dominant at Wembley in winning at Spurs
4. United draw to Valencia and draw with West Ham. Should Mourinho get the sack?
5. City underwhelm but win at Hoffenheim. Should they be concerned heading into their massive game against Liverpool?
6. Speaking of Liverpool, they fail to win for a 3rd straight match, losing at Napoli 1-0 in UCL. What's behind their recent struggles?
7. Real Madrid lose in Moscow and have also failed to win in 3. Have they lost what made them great?
8. Bayern aren't top of the Bundesliga and drew at home to Ajax. Is there a title race on in Germany?
9. The USWNT embark on their Women's World Cup Qualifying campaign this week. We don't have to be concerned about another qualifying failure, do we?
10. MLS: The race between Atlanta United and New York Red Bulls goes down to the wire and LA Galaxy somehow still have a chance to make the playoffs.
September 21, 2018
Chris and Ted roundup Match Day 1 in the Champions League, including Liverpool's thrilling win over PSG, Real Madrid and Barcelona dominating, and opening day losses for Spurs and Man City. Then, (21:30) Chris gives his ideas for who Inter Miami could sign as their first designated player and talk about the cool piece ESPN wrote about the Inter Miami logo.
September 13, 2018
Chris and Ted run through the both US Men's National Team friendlies against Brazil and Mexico, including the brilliant incidents with Matt Miazga/Diego Lainez and DeAndre Yedlin/Neymar, the continued search for a US manager, the UEFA Nations League, the next week's big games, and Antoine Griezmann saying he'd eventually like to play for Inter Miami.
September 6, 2018
IN THE FIRST 20 MINUTES YOU WILL HEAR A CODE WORD FOR HOW TO WIN TICKETS TO GO SEE COLOMBIA-VENEZUELA AT HARD ROCK STADIUM COURTESY OF OUR FRIENDS AT DORAL TOYOTA
We welcome to the pod new contributor Ted Hill! Follow him @tedhill. We get into the international break and the young if manager-less US squad, the start of the Premier League season, more details about La Liga to Miami being released, and close with how much Wayne Rooney has helped DC United. We taped this episode before the release of the Inter Miami name and logo reveal, but, we play for you again the bit we did with Adam Smoot of Ballscast when he came on to break down the logo when it first leaked.
August 17, 2018
For this episode, Chris is joined by Phil Schoen of beIN Sports (4:05) to preview the upcoming La Liga season. We discuss Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Atletico Madrid's chances to win this upcoming league campaign and all of their major storylines ahead of the league season. We then discuss the marketing partnership announced by La Liga and Relevant Sports that would include potentially bringing a regular season La Liga game to Miami and Hard Rock Stadium.
Then, we're joined by Adam Smoot of Ballscast (34:20), here in the 5 Reasons Sports Network, to break down the leaked logo and name of MLS Miami, Internacional Club de Futbol Miami.
Thanks for listening!
August 3, 2018
For this edition of the podcast, Chris is joined by Doug Roberson of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution to discuss MLS Miami hiring Paul McDonough to be their first Sporting Director. We dig into what McDonough's role was in Atlanta, how he was viewed within the organization, and what Miami can expect.
July 19, 2018
For this episode, Chris reacts to the Miami City Commission vote that sends their Stadium plan at the Melreese Golf Course to a public referendum that will take place this November. To break it down, he's joined by Miki Turner of SoccerESQ.com to break down the political and legal process of the vote and the more than 17 hours of deliberation over the last week on the subject. Plus, chat on the World Cup Final and an update on the transfer window.
July 14, 2018
Chris is joined by ex Manchester United and England goalkeeper Gary Bailey to break down the World Cup Final between France 🇫🇷 and Croatia 🇭🇷 and look back on the rest of the tournament. Chris also talks with 5 Reasons Podcast partner Ethan Skolnick about his experience at the Miami City Commission meeting on the MLS Miami stadium.